The windshield of your vehicle is more than just a piece of glass. It’s an essential safety feature, providing protection and clarity while driving. Over time, your windshield might suffer from minor chips or major cracks. The question then arises – should you repair it or replace it? Let’s delve into the considerations with insights from Defender Auto Glass.
1. Size and Location of the Damage:
– Repair: Minor chips and cracks, usually less than the size of a quarter, can often be repaired.
– Replace: Large cracks or chips, especially those in the driver’s line of vision, require replacement.
2. Extent of the Damage:
– Repair: Surface cracks that haven’t penetrated deeply can be fixed.
– Replace: If the inner layer of the windshield is damaged or if the crack reaches the edge, a replacement becomes necessary.
3. Cost Consideration:
– Repair: Generally, repairing is more cost-effective than replacing. Plus, many insurance policies cover windshield repair without a deductible.
– Replace: While more expensive, replacement ensures structural integrity and safety. Insurance might also cover replacement, but often with a deductible.
4. Duration of Service:
– Defender Auto Glass ensures that, regardless of the service chosen, customers can be back on the road in an hour or less.
5. Service Convenience:
– With Defender Auto Glass’s widespread mobile service area, which spans from Cleveland to Akron, you can get quality service at your convenience, whether at home or your workplace.
6. Insurance & Partnerships:
– Collaborating with leading insurance companies, Defender Auto Glass simplifies the claim process, ensuring you get quality service without the administrative headache.
Choosing between repairing and replacing your windshield depends on the severity of the damage, your safety, and your budget. With trustworthy companies like Defender Auto Glass, which was founded on the principles of providing superior customer service at a fair price, you’re guaranteed a satisfactory solution, whether you opt for repair or replacement. Remember, when in doubt, always consult with experts who can guide you to the best decision for your vehicle’s safety and longevity.
For professional advice or service inquiries, don’t hesitate to get an online quote or call Defender Auto Glass at 1-440-600-3631.