Join our growing team
Defender Auto Glass invites you to apply to join our growing team. We’re looking for customer service representatives. We value quality in everything we do – especially with customer service. If you join our team, you join a growing local company in Northeast Ohio.
Customer Service Representative – Full Time
April 5, 2019
747 Sugar Lane, Elyria, OH 44035
540 Fifth Avenue, Chardon, OH 44024
7590 Tyler Boulevard, Mentor, OH 44060
Who We Are
Defender Auto Glass was founded in 2014 and has since grown to be a leading auto glass provider in the Greater Cleveland and Akron areas. With three in-shop repair locations and several mobile repair vehicles, the company is locally owned and headquartered in Mentor, Ohio. At Defender Auto Glass, we take pride in performing quality auto glass repairs and replacements. Our superior customer service and attention to detail is what sets Defender apart from all other auto glass repair shops in Northeast Ohio.
What We Value
Philanthropy: We passionately believe that it is our communities and the people that make up our communities that shape our business and make us a successful company. Our desire is to embrace philanthropy and maintain a culture of giving to better our community just like it betters us.
Family: Families care about one another. They show admiration and respect whilst also supporting in times of need. They relate to each other and use this to solve problems and achieve common goals. At Defender, we work to maintain a welcoming atmosphere where employees have opportunities to build camaraderie and elevate teamwork.
About the Position
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for customer interaction and assistance. This is a full-time opportunity with our growing organization. We offer competitive compensation, as well as full health, dental, and 401K plans. Pay will be commensurate with the chosen candidate’s experience.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, and seek to understand the importance of your role in the overall success of our business, this position is perfect for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Professionally answer incoming calls from customers, insurance agents, and other parties to listen to their needs and answer any questions they have.
- Gather all information necessary to schedule a repair and book service appointments.
- Assist in billing and accounting.
- Keep in contact with customers and give updates throughout the repair process.
- Contact Insurance companies as needed to check in, answer questions or help coordinate glass service with one of their policyholders.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to operate a computer and telephone systems while seated for extended periods of time
- Ability to work full-time
- Previous experience in the Body Shop or Glass Repair industry preferred but not required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.